Henriksen Twin Hook Systems
We deliver twin systems for different types of crafts in several versions. The system can be operated manually, pneumatic or electrically. We can also integrate the painter hook in to the system. This will reduce the risk of operational danger when launch and recover the boat. The hooks are off-load hooks (inherently safe system) and a twin system is the safest way to launch a tender, interceptor or workboat which does not require approval as a lifeboat/FRC.
Operation of an Off-Load Hook
1. When the boat is being lowered down and is close to water level, activate the twin release system.
2. When the boat is waterborne, the hooks automatically release the lifting rings.
1. Prepare the hooks for recovery by resetting the system.
2. Grab the lifting rings and connect them by pushing them into the hooks.
The Integrated Henriksen System
All Henriksen HMK hooks can be used in combination with an Integrated Henriksen System (IHS) and a painter hook. We recommend using a IHS system anywhere applicable as it removes the possibility of certain major operator errors and thereby significantly reduces operational risk.
• All materials used in the Henriksen Hooks are high quality and suitable for marine environment (saltwater proof). The hooks are made of stainless steel and duplex steel.
• All hooks are delivered in a practical wooden box.
When lifting a vessel with a twin hook setup, it is important that the hooks are synchronized so that both hooks open and close at the same time. All our twin hook systems are designed this way.
One Hook is Off-Loaded: Both Hooks Stay Closed
All of our twin hook systems are designed with a connection between the two hooks that ensures that both hooks will stay closed if only one of the two are off-loaded.
Both Hooks are Off-Loaded: Both Hooks Open
All of our twin hook systems are designed with a connection between the two hooks that ensures that both hooks will open at the same time.
Twin System with IHS
All twin systems can be delivered with a painter in a IHS configuration for a even safer operation. Deliverable in sizes enabling lifts from 3500-15000kg.