Vertical Adhesion Band Oil Skimmer
The V.A.B. FOXTAIL OIL SKIMMER was developed and tested at the Norwegian Pollution Control Authority (NPCA) base in Horten, Norway. Since 1984 several units have been in service in the North Sea on board specialized oil recovery vessels operated by the Norwegian Pollution Control Authority. Not only is the V.A.B. FOXTAIL OIL SKIMMER capable of recovering large quantities of oil, but it performs equally well also in rough sea. This can be seen from the illustration on the following pages. Patent Pending.
- High capacity oil recovery
- Low weight – simple construction
- Unaffected by waves
- Portable and requires only a single wire suspension
- Operates well among floating objects
- Not sensitive to oil viscosity or temperature